Monday, February 12, 2007

Love



Here is my daughter Eleanor. This is her as flower girl. She looks so smitten with the idea of weddings and white dresses and looking pretty on a perfect day. I hope that as she grows I am able to prepare her for more than a perfect day. I hope that I can help her to become a woman who knows herself well enough to wait for her Compliment. Her truly better half. For a man who encourages her to be more of herself with him than less of herself. I pray for her a man who loves her with all that is in him. A man who has passion enough to fight with her and make up with her. A man who respects her mind enough to know she could win any fight. I pray she finds love to meet her love. As this silly holiday approaches, I hope she never gives up as she stands in front of the vast selection of cards. I hope she always has love and her love always has words. Even if her love is too big for words.

5 comments:

Susan Miller said...

I'll join you in your hope for her. Now that my son is fifteen I've had to accept the fact that I most fear his heart being broken. But it will, right? It seems to almost be a rite of passage for all humans. So we'll make it and maybe, just maybe, the breaks will open his heart more increasing it's capacity for love rather than diminishing it. A mother's dream is definitely too big for words.

She is incredibly beautiful and charming, Maleah.

RK Sterling said...

Oh, gosh, ladies - I join you in your sentiments! So hard to know what life might throw at our children; so painful to watch our girls and pray they'll be strong in their own rights, not waiting for a man to make them whole. So difficult to watch the boys struggling to make sense of it all and find a place where they can be themselves, and respect who they are.

Lovely photo and prayer, Maleah.

Justin said...

Am I the only one who sees a pattern here? Yesterday, Susan said third is best and now she is once again right.

Anyway, since I am incapable of emotions I don't have anything to say directly relevant to your post.

However, it has inspired me to write a pome using the words eleanor and nevermore as a refrain.

j.

maleah said...

Susan,
Thank you so much. I adore her, but I'm her mom. Thanks, too, for the encouraging words. I guess all moms are in the same boat hoping for good weather but knowing there are storms brewing out there somewhere. We'll just have to weather them. And we will, won't we?

Kate,
Thanks for stopping by to keep Susan and Justin company. And thank you for understanding a gushy mom post, too.

Justin,
Actually it was the sense in "Sense and Sensibility" that was my inspiration but I didn't like Elinor as well as Eleanor. And, woe is me, she's just like Marianne. (And you only wish you were incapable of emotions. You love your little plant with all your green heart.)

Maleah

realbigwings said...

This is lovely.
It seems so brave to be a mother and enter into such an enormous love agreement. I used to be a nanny and it just about broke my heart when that little girl moved away.

~Dawn