Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I feel better.

For the first time in days I took note of some good things. I saw a red trumpet flower as I drove home, I heard a snippet of a bird singing, I found a birthday gift left on my kitchen counter by elves. I got to use a skill passed on to me by my dad: I tied a Windsor in a piece of striped silk for my friend's son because she's a single mom, too. It made me feel like a magician to take the tie and produce a perfect knot for his band concert at school. Then the Girl Scout meeting full of giggles and paint and popcorn. My girls got their bath and books and prayers and water and songs and tuck-in.

I don't feel angry and self-absorbed and self-important like yesterday. I have beauty that is free, I have those that need me, I have skills to pass on, I have friends to share with, I have girls to bathe and grow and love. I have all I'll ever need. Inside, outside. May I always have eyes and heart to see.

I feel like me. Only better. One year better.

4 comments:

Susan Miller said...

Beautiful, Maleah. It's all just so damn gorgeous, isn't it?

maleah said...

When I take the time to look. It sure is.

realbigwings said...

I love coming here because it's like your life's book has fallen open to a new page and I get to glimpse the bit of the story from that day, just before the wind gives a littel tuft and the pages flutter the words away. Then I return some other time and the book's landed on a new page. Stories are progressing. The perspectives in the story are changing.

~It's nice. :)

maleah said...

Hey, Dawn, I like that. 'Cause I don't know what I'm doing here. I just started writing one day. And coming from you, that's really nice to hear.