Thursday, August 23, 2007

Turning Upside Down

I walked to the mailbox when I got home today. There were no bills, no personal letters, no sales fliers. It was empty. I turned and started up my front walk. But because I am not empty, I was overcome with the notion to try a cartwheel. I haven't tried one in years. I am 39, I am wearing a skirt, I have an incompletely healed incision on my bikini line, but I went gracefully into a tumble I did hundreds and hundreds of times as a girl. Bare foot, hand, hand, bare foot, bare foot. Maybe my panties are not a secret to the neighbors should they have been watching. I really don't care. I have good news inside of me and I want it to show on the outside.

Thank you, Susan, for the house and the porch and the swing and the gathering. Thank you for the monsoon.

Thank you, Dawn, for the mountain top whispers and all the stars and for sharing your own story.

Thank you all for your energy and prayers, for your encouragement and vibes. Thank you for believing everything would be okay.

Everything is okay.

And I can still turn a cartwheel.

Whooo hoooo!

10 comments:

Susan Miller said...

Hellyeah!!!!

Cartwheel time for me, too.

Congratulations, Maleah!

maleah said...

THANK YOU!!!!

Hey, I have a picture to find and send to you.

I'm going to find it tonight.

-M

Pythia3 said...

Thanks be to GOD! I am so happy you are doing cartwheel again! xoxo

maleah said...

Lindy, I know! And I am now doing so many things that make my kids eyes bug out. It may have been worth being in that tight little ball to be able to spring out... well, it's a close call. It's a shame to have to learn some things the hard way. I just hope I don't forget. Thanks so much for the encouragment and the good wishes. It all means so much to me.

-M

realbigwings said...

Woo hoo!
Wonderful wonderful wonderful!!

Cartwheel and dance, I'm so happy for you.

Joy and blessings and granted wishes,
Dawn

maleah said...

Dawn, Like so many dancing birthday candles and one big wish! eeessshhh.... Whhoooossshhh!!!! And then there were stars instead of whisps rising up and they jumped into my eyes. Now I see what's important with stars in here for light. And with stars in here, well, I'm guided and a little more brave... after all, sailors trust the stars and so should I. So we're all sailing to see what we can find next...

Hugs and tumbles and wind in my face,
-M

Pythia3 said...

Maleah, the trick here is to never forget the preciousness, uniqueness and fragility of life. I always learn the hard way too. Wish I didn't have to stand at the very edge and look down to know how close I am to falling.
Pain is inevitable - suffering is optional.
This we must remember.
PS did you ever see the movie:
Grand Canyon? It is one of my favorites. I think you'd like it too.
xo,
Lindy

eric1313 said...

I knew you'd be OK. This is the best news possible. And you know what? My friend Skinnylittleblonde, who also had the same procedure and the same waiting for results like a clock ticking in slow motion gunshots also got the best news back in her case. I'm happy for you both!

I've been moving around lately, so I was gone pretty much all week. But I'm still here! And glad that you will be too.

Peace out, Maleah

maleah said...

Lindy, I have sat still for so few movies. There either needs to be someone to sit next to that I REALLY want to sit next to, or... well, that's about the only reason. I'll consider that one. And, yes, suffering is optional. Or at least like the Houston weather, I don't like that it has arrived, it is insufferable in some way, but it will move on in a half hour. I do try and remember, I do. I must be a good neighbor and get by your place again. I've been so busy cartwheeling...

M

maleah said...

Eric, Thank you so much. I'm also so glad to hear about your friend. I was wondering about her. I, too, have had the busiest of weeks. Work, fun, gone part of the weekend. My brain is also a bit frazzled still. I'm decompressing I think.

And now the laundry won't clean itself and I must do that. harumph.

M