Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Boys!

I am the driver of three little girls. Two belong to me and one might as well. They are all just burst out of school for the afternoon. I am singing to the radio tune. I am tuning-in to the talk in the backseat.

"Boys are big, fat, and stupid."

I cannot let this slide.

"Um, excuse me, but we don't talk like that. Boys are not big, fat, and stupid. What if some little boys somewhere are saying the very same thing about girls? Let's try again."

Eleanor huffs. "Okaaaaay. Boys are just stupid. And then they grow up to be big, fat, and stupid."

The mood I am in, all ideas about what should be aside, I can only mutter something about "you know that is not funny," raise an eyebrow, give her the mom look, and manage to keep my smirk in check. For the moment, well said, Eleanor. May you and I come to terms with boys very soon.

4 comments:

eric1313 said...

I don't feel awkward in the least commenting on this post. I wish my brethren acted better than they do, toaward you and all other women who have been hurt in some way by big, fat, stupid boys who stayed that way when they supposedly became men.

maleah said...

Well said, Eric. I didn't want to offend half the population, but I figure only the big, fat, stupid ones would get wounded. And let's face it, they wouldn't recognize themselves, right?

Eric, I must get off my own porch and get back over to your house for a visit and a read. Thanks for stopping by and dispensing wisdom.

-M

realbigwings said...

Well said, Eleanor. I mean, no we don't call each other names.
But they are.

maleah said...

Dawn. Exactly. Maleah.